Sunday, April 24, 2011

Why I didn't choose ipad?

The launch of iPad 2 has left many questioning the fate of the original iPad. So what will become of the original Apple tablet? Well it seems Apple is selling off what they've got left. Though it's not prominently featured on the Apple site, the original iPad is still for sale. It's even got a nice $100 price drop, bringing the base price down to $399. What an amazing low price for Apple products!

However, I still choose to buy a China high imitation of tablet PC, which called Apadfrom PickEgg, a new big developing online store with all goods in good prices.
This is may be the best one among all high imitation of tablet PCs, which working with Nvida Coretex A9 Tegra2 Dual Core 1GHz processor, 512MB/4GB Android 2.2 MID operation system and 10.1" Capacitive touch screen. It priced at $365.99. Actually, I got several promotional discounts from PickEgg and make the cost reduced a lot.

In fact, the biggest reason for not buying an ipad is it with no Multitasking.
Listen to music while writing a memo with the iPad? Sorry. The iPad just can't multitask. I need my computer for multitasking, because I watch videos, while typing reports. Plus, I want to download stuff from other places other than Apple, like Amazon maybe. I'm not sure I can with this. Also, Safari, please at least have Mozilla.

I used to enjoying the giant gaping holes in virtually every page on the internet. 3 out of every 4 videos online are flash based, 5 out of every 6 online games. Business and celebrity websites are often based in flash or have flash elements - none of which you'll be able to see on this device.

And if you're lucky enough to get one of the units with a defective battery, Apple will be happy to replace it... after you pay them an additional $106.


Another reason for not choosing ipad is that I don't want to type on the same plane as my screen, which can't be good ergonomica­lly. I will, however, buy one for my partner, who doesn't know how to use a computer! He's been able to retrieve, respond to and send e-mails with the iTouch I bought for him. With the iPad maybe he'll be able to start visiting websites and learn how to use YouTube.

I beleve Apple has done a really poor job of positionin­g the iPad in the market place. If you think of it as a Kindle on steroids you are much closer to the end user. All your college text books, magazines and newspaers in one light pad. Now that's brilliant.

The iPad will do well...for a while. The Apple-ites will line-up for them at 3 a.m. on release day, but the masses, well that remains to be seen. No multitaski­ng and no flash will inhibit its prospects. I say there will be a 2.0 version out very quickly and the price will need to drop on the entry level models. If that happens, it could be a category-k­iller - till then, the jury will certainly be out.